Zonal Coordinator (Bamenda) at Metabiota Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Bamenda - 118 vues
Zonal Coordinator, Bamenda
Metabiota Cameroon seeks to hire a Zonal Coordinator for an HIV military-based funded project from DHAPP-PEPFAR. The position will be based in Bamenda and cover the Northwest and West regions with the following clinical sites: SSM6 (in Bamenda), SSM9 (Bafoussam).
About Metabiota Cameroon:
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc., based out of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention and research in Central Africa for 20 years. MCL's principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemic and pandemic threats in Central Africa; and the provision of trainings in public health research and practice.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position. The Zonal Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the Senior HIV Advisor and provide technical and programmatic coordination to ensure effective implementation of the military HIV Care and Treatment project involving testing, linkage, and retention in treatment covering military health facilities, military barracks, and neighborhoods in the Littoral and Southwest regions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper planning and implementation of field activities according to program milestones.
- Manage project funds for field activities.
- Coordinate with the military health facilities and barracks' administrations and NAAC Regional Technical Group Coordinator office to align and ensure timely execution of planned activities.
- Carry out supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of activities in all regional sites.
- Elaborate monthly, quarterly, and annual regional project activity reports for submission to the Project Manager.
- Lead local project team to ensure coordination of all activities towards high yield achievement.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior HIV Advisor, the Strategic Information Officer, and the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Professional requirements:
- 3+ years' experience in HIV Care & Treatment related interventions.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation.
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local communities.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with clinical ethical requirements.
- Strong organizational, supervisory, and management skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience implementing community related intervention for projects funded by USAID, PEPFAR, or Global Funds for the fight against HIV/ Malaria/ TB.
- Demonstrate capability to effectively implement, manage, monitor, and evaluate health projects.
- Demonstrate acceptable data management and analysis skills.
- Degree in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory, etc.) or a related field.
- Master's degree in public health preferable.
- Good computer skills, including the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, Access or Epi-info.
Supervisory responsibilities: incumbent will supervise Testing, Linkage and retention team and zonal activities
Travel: In country travel will be required
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, within approved program budgets
Effective start date: October 1, 2019.
Selected candidates may, subject to their availability, perform a paid two-month field assignment from August – September 2019.
Duration of Contracts: One-year renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding
Closing date: July 11, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]