WASH Officer/Supervisor - M/F Professionnel4 weeks ago - Emplois & Formations - Buea - 42 vues
Action Against Hunger – Cameroon
Actions Against Hunger is an International Non Governmental Organiztion (NGO), apolitical, non denominated and non-profit. For our operations in Cameroon, we are looking for:
WASH OFFICER/SUPERVISOR- M/F
Base: Buea (South west region)
Number of positions : 01
Contract duration: 6 Months
start date: October 2019
supervised by: PROGRAM MANAGER- HEALTH
Location : Buea
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: To work along side the Mobile team and responsible for the assessment, set-up, implementation, and follow-up of ongoing project activities related to rehabilitation of water point, borehole, hygiene and sanitation activities of Action Against Hunger in the communities where AAH is currently or intends to implement humanitarian assistance and programs in the South West Region
- Conduct WASH assessment to identify WaSH needs in project areas and provide clear recommendations with appropriate WaSH responses
- Supervise Minor rehabilitations of water points and boreholes in the project areas to ensure communities have access to quality and sufficient water quantities for daily use.
- Draw BOQs when necessary for water points to be rehabilitated.
- Promote hygiene practices in the community through the design and sharing of appropriate WaSH messages with the communities and during mobile clinic days
- Keep surveillance on all water points in project areas and undertake regular water quality analysis (microbial, chemical and physical) exercises using portable water analysis kit
- Liaise with community leaders in project areas to establish water points management committees for day-to-day running and management of the water points instituting measures in place for good maintenance of the water points.
- Maintain records systems for WaSH activities and ensure timely submission of water treatment, operation and maintenance according to agreed reporting timelines
- Represent in Wash cluster coordination meetings in the SW region
- Ensure safety and security of staff and organisation by adhering to humanitarian principles and organisational safety and security policies
- In keeping with the policy of AAH as a learning organisation, contribute to building on good practice, experience, and sharing of lesions.
- Participate to organisational meetings and other activities for program and quality improvement
- Take on any assignments and roles delegated by the line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Diploma from a recognised institution in Water technology, hydrology, civil engineering, Environmental health or related field
- At least two years of working experience in rehabilitation of Borehole and Water points, maintenance/ running of water sources/ emergency water supply and sanitation construction works, in a humanitarian context is an asset
- Ability to speak local language and understand the context of areas of duty station
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good inter-personal and relation skills with respect for self and others
- Self-awareness to cultural diversity with extremely high levels of flexibility to live and work in harsh conditions with limited access to basic needs
- Ability to motivate teams and create a working environment to nurture team work
- Experience in team management, asessemnets and report writing
- English (fluent) and local languages of the working areas (desirable)
Our recruitment procedure has 3 key steps:
- A pre-selection on the basis of the files submitted (only canidates whose skills and experience matches with the profile are selected for the test);
- A technical written test
For each step, only selected candidates are contacted.
Applications (including a CV, a letter of motivation, and references) must be submitted ONLY by email at [email protected], indicating the title of the position and reference.
SW-NUT-092019-001 in subject of the mail.
Applications must be sent before Friday the 25th september 2019 at 5 :30 PM.
At the attention of: Head of Human resources department, Action Against Hunger Cameroon
Only selected candidates will be selected for tests and interview.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
“THIS IS A POSITION THAT NEEDS TO BE FILLED ASAP SO APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED”