Technical Advisor SI / M&E at FHI 360 Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 35 vues
Technical Advisor SI / M&E
Contract Duration: 10 weeks (July to September 2019)
Availability: Needed Immediately
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
- 100% accomplishment of specified tasks
- Daily progress report in specified format
- Bi-weekly formal activity report
- End of consultancy report
The Technical Advisor (SI/M&E) will provide technical leadership to capture program activities and results, ensure the collection and analysis of quality, timely and valid data, and develop and implement a program learning to inform policy makers and other stakeholders. This person will be responsible for managing the knowledge generated from the project's monitoring and evaluation system. The Technical Advisor (SI/M&E) will provide technical advice in designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation plan, including operational and research. He/She will ensure that all staff and local partners are trained in the components of M & E. He/she will contribute to a collaborative and adaptive approach, ensuring that the results of M & E activities are incorporated into the project and disseminated to stakeholders for continuous adjustment.
The position will be based in Yaounde, Cameroon and report to the Senior Technical Advisor.
Areas of Responsibility
- Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project.
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of project evaluation activities. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components.
- Work closely with other technical leads to co-design monitoring tools, selecting indicators, and determining field monitoring responsibilities.
- Works to ensure tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- In collaboration with the Technical Advisor, develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with due authorization to work in Cameroon only
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field with minimum 5 years of experience or bachelor’s degree with a minimum 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and strategic information management (SI) for HIV care and treatment programs including at least 5 years supervisory level experience.
- Significant demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E and SI systems and strategies for internationally-funded health and development project for donor reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of developing, tracking and reporting on key indicators for measuring project effectiveness and impact for programs funded under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
- Demonstrated experience in M&E SI processes including data collection with attention to data quality assurance.
- Strong ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and excellent writing and documentation skills to generate different SI products including reports, briefs, success stories and articles.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating monitoring, learning, and evaluation processes across multiple programs/ activities, stakeholders and geographic regions.
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring and evaluation tools/ approaches/ practices, including data analysis and report writing, that emphasize system- or market-wide results and impacts.
- Experience with and documented skills for design, implementation and oversight of electronic data collection tools (DHIS2, DHIS2 Tracker, CommCare, Survey CTO), client level electronic medical records and in the use of data visualization techniques and software (DHIS2, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English/ French
Please respond to this announcement by sending your CV and motivation letter to: [email protected]