Technical Advisor, Clinical Service at FHI 360 Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 43 vues
Technical Advisor, Clinical Service
Contract Duration: 10 weeks (July to September 2019)
Availability: Needed Immediately
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
- 100% accomplishment of specified tasks
- Daily progress report in specified format
- Bi-weekly formal activity report
- End of consultancy report
The Technical Advisor, Clinical Services will serve as an HIV treatment advisor, providing technical input grounded in strong clinical and scientific knowledge and demonstrated public health understanding. S/he will provide technical assistance, monitoring and capacity building on the Quality Facility and Community based HIV Case finding, Linkage, Care and Treatment and Retention for Adults and Children in Cameroon. S/he will be a major technical contributor to the annual work planning at the global and country level, participation in technical thought leadership, communication and relationship management with key partners/stakeholders, and facilitation of global knowledge sharing on key aspects of population group program service delivery especially those related to clinical services across the cascade.
The position will be based in Yaounde, Cameroon and report to the Senior Technical Advisor.
Areas of Responsibility
- Providing on-going technical advice on the development and implementation of HIV clinical services across ages and populations.
- Developing and translating technical guidance, program and other data, and scientific literature to ensure that programs have access to high quality information on relevant best practices in HIV programming, with a focus on HIV treatment.
- Supporting program design and implementation to strengthen the HIV clinical services continuum, including key elements such as: population-specific testing and linkage services; treatment initiation/retention; scale up of viral load monitoring; and appropriate treatment regimen transition.
- Reviewing, monitoring and analyzing key PEPFAR indicators and other data.
- Participating in the development of technical guidance, manuscripts, and technical considerations to help further the available science supporting PEPFAR programs, and to ensure that programmers and implementers have access to relevant best practices and performance data, with a focus on HIV treatment.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with due authorization to work in Cameroon only
- A medical degree in medicine, nursing degree or equivalent at Master’s level.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in designing, implementing and managing HIV and health focused clinical services. Experience in Central Africa highly desirable.
- Training and/or experience in clinical epidemiology, clinical care, infectious diseases preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with PEPFAR and DHHS clinical programming, including HIV testing and counseling, STI diagnosis and treatment, and post-violence care.
- Familiarity with Cameroon’s institutional, policy and programming context for HIV clinical and community services.
- Demonstrated experience with reporting, preferably for USG funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including government representatives, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English/ French