Site Nurse at Metabiota Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Maroua - 90 vues
Metabiota Cameroon seeks to hire a Site Nurse for an HIV military-based funded project from DHAPP-PEPFAR. The position will be based at the military hospital in Maroua, Cameroon (HMR4).
About Metabiota Cameroon:
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc., based out of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention and research in Central Africa for 20 years. MCL's principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemic and pandemic threats in Central Africa; and the provision of trainings in public health research and practice.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position. The Site Nurse will work under direct supervision of the Project Zonal Coordinator and provide direct service delivery to clients in military health facilities, military barracks, and neighborhoods, when necessary, as part of community services. Services will include HIV testing and counseling, linkage to care and treatment, and retention to care.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Conduct day-to-day facility-based testing, linkage and retention to care while ensuring that they align with the milestones, objectives, strategies, and activities defined by the PEPFAR program.
- Organize and ensure successful tracing of defaulter clients, before they become lost-to-follow up.
- Conduct advanced HIV testing centered on contact persons of index cases.
- Provide support to families, partner notification and testing, as well as linkage and retention to care through defined strategies.
- Elaborate daily, weekly and monthly statistics and submit to the Zonal Coordinator for reporting purposes.
- Ensure appropriate handling of project documentations and tools, working materials and data as well as weekly inventory of consumables and supplies and communicate with the supervisors for replenishment as necessary to avoid interruption of service delivery.
- Align and observe rules and disciplines as required by the military health service.
- Align and observe rules and disciplines as required by Metabiota.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Zonal Coordinator, Senior HIV Advisor, the Strategic Information Officer and the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Professional requirements:
- 2+ years' experience in direct provision of health services to people living with HIV
- Clinic-based oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local communities
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with clinical ethical requirements
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience implementing community related interventions for projects funded by USAID, PEPFAR, or Global Funds for the fight against HIV/ Malaria/ TB
- Nursing degree
- Master's degree in Public Health an advantage
Supervisory responsibilities: incumbent will supervise facility-based day-to-day testing, linkage and retention activities, as well as those conducted at the barracks and neighborhoods
Travel: In country travel will be required
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, within approved program budgets
Effective start date: October 1, 2019.
Selected candidates may, subject to their availability, perform a paid two-month field assignment from August – September 2019.
Duration of Contracts: One-year renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding
Closing date: July 11, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]