Senior Technical Advisor / Project Manager
Contract Duration: 10 weeks (July to September 2019)
Availability: Needed Immediately
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
- 100% accomplishment of specified tasks
- Daily progress report in specified format
- Bi-weekly formal activity report
- End of consultancy report
The Senior Technical Advisor/Project Manager will provide technical assistance and lead day-to-day management oversight, ensuring quality and timeliness of all stipulated activities on the Quality Facility and Community based HIV Case finding, Linkage, Care and Treatment and Retention for Adults and Children in Cameroon. S/he will be a major technical contributor to the annual work planning at the global and country level, participation in technical thought leadership, communication and relationship management with key partners/stakeholders, and facilitation of global knowledge sharing on key aspects of population group program service delivery especially those related to clinical services across the cascade.
The position will be based in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, direct and coordinate technical and operational activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed timeframes and funding parameters and in compliance with funder regulations and FHI 360 policies.
- Serve as the primary liaison for the project with the Prime, government counterparts, other stakeholders, and FHI 360 headquarters, playing a coordination role as needed.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results.
Develop strategies to:
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building including support for the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of one or more population group HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs supported by FHI 360 and national and local partners.
- Support the introduction of new services (especially new ART regimens e.g. TLD), including assisting ministries of health with guidelines revisions, adapting protocols, and training staff
- Improve site level clinical monitoring and data use so teams on the ground can identify and address bottlenecks in real time.
- Remains informed on current state-of-the-art programs in the HIV/AIDS care and treatment field, through the review of literature and articles, and maintains links with other international bodies which specialize in population focused HIV treatment and care.
- Represents FHI 360 and the project in professional and public settings and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensure that interventions are evidence-based and aligned with Cameroon’s National guidelines and policies.
- Contribute to the development and timely submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project reports and deliverables.
- Ensure project strategic objectives and results are achieved and meet expected technical quality standards.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with due authorization to work in Cameroon only
- A medical degree in medicine, nursing degree or PhD preferred or equivalent at Master’s level.
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, implementing and managing HIV and health focused clinical services. Experience in Central Africa highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with PEPFAR and DHHS clinical programming, including HIV testing and counseling, STI diagnosis and treatment, and post-violence care.
- Familiarity with Cameroon’s institutional, policy and programming context for HIV clinical and community services.
- Demonstrated experience with reporting, preferably for USG funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including government representatives, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English/ French
Please respond to this announcement by sending your CV and motivation letter to: [email protected]