Senior HIV Advisor at Metabiota Cameroon Professionnel1 month ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 50 vues
Senior HIV Advisor
METABIOTA Cameroon seeks to hire a Senior HIV Advisor for an HIV military-based funded project from DHAPP-PEPFAR. The position will be based at its head office in Yaoundé, Cameroon and be responsible for the overall technical lead coordination and guidance to all project teams and facilities located in the ten (10) regions of Cameroon.
About Metabiota Cameroon:
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc., based out of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention and research in Central Africa for 20 years. MCL's principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemic and pandemic threats in Central Africa; and the provision of trainings in public health research and practice.
About the Position:
The Senior HIV Advisor will provide overall technical coordination and lead the successful implementation of the HIV Care and Treatment prevention activities in collaboration with military health facilities and medical authorities. He/she will ensure high quality performance of testing, linkages, and retention to care and treatment, in alignment with PEPFAR requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-by-day planning and implementation of clinic and community-based activities according to program milestones and PEPFAR requirements for a high cascade performance.
- Coordinate with the military health facility administration and Regional National AIDS control Committee (CNLS) offices (GTR) to facilitate collaborations and to obtain strong support for the project's clinical activities.
- Carry out supervisions and monitor clinical activities in all regional sites.
- Coordinate with regional teams to ensure timely transmission of clinic data to the M&E/SI Officer for elaboration of project activity reports.
- Lead the project clinical teams to ensure coordination of all activities in regards to targeted testing, index case testing, linkage to treatment, retention to care, and VL suppression.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Project Director, Project Manager and DHAPP PM.
- 5+ years' experience in HIV Care & Treatment related interventions
- Familiar with the environment of HIV program in Cameroon with a good exposure to PEPFAR related activities and good knowledge of PEPFAR implementation requirements
- Experience in coordination, leading and effectively implementing HIV Care & Treatment interventions at both facility and community levels
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Experience supervising clinical field teams with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff and build effective teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships with service providers
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with clinical ethical requirements
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience implementing clinical related intervention for projects funded by USAID, PEPFAR, or Global Funds for the fight against HIV/Malaria/TB will be an advantage
- Strong supervisory, management, and leadership skills oriented on results
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Medical Doctor
- Master's degree in Public Health, post graduate degree in medicine, or a related discipline is preferable
- High-level computer skills, including the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using one of the following: MS Excel, Access, SPSS and/or SAS, or Epi-info
Supervisory responsibilities: Candidate will supervise health facility-based teams as well as regional leads in the ten (10) regions of Cameroon
Travel: In country travel will be required. International travels will be required when necessary
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, within approved program budgets
Effective start date: October 1, 2019.
Selected candidates may, subject to their availability, perform a paid two-month field assignment from August – September 2019.
Duration of Contracts: One-year renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding
Closing date: July 11, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]