Sales Operations Manager at Diageo Africa Professionnel3 weeks ago - Emplois & Formations - Douala - 4 vues
Sales Operations Manager
Partner and emerging markets covers 27 diverse countries where Diageo has limited if any presence on the ground. Developing new RTMs and portfolios will require a different approach, leadership and capability set to the other business units of Africa. The countries’ economies vary significantly and present different levels of opportunity for business growth. There is a high level of volatility across the countries. These factors create complexity in driving the agenda.
Within beer our partnership with BGI across 11 countries is long standing but presents a degree of challenge with Diageo’s growth constrained.
We also have partnerships with Heineken in Sierra Leone and Congo Brazzaville and with an independent brewer in Liberia.
Whilst being profit responsible for the existing business of each fiscal year – the strategic measure of performance of this business unit will be the achievement of breakthrough growth through New Business Development.
- Sales Operations budget
The role holder would be required to demonstrate Diageo leadership Capabilities:
·Win through execution
- Act like owners of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards.
- Demand brilliant execution to ensure we always win at the point of purchase.
- Shape the future
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to action.
·Inspire through purpose
- Celebrate frequently the impact of living our purpose.
·Invest in talent
- Instil agility and resilience in the team
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- CARM principles
- Follow up the credit risk analysis with the Field Sales Managers in collaboration with the credit control team
- world class customer relationship (internal and external)
- World class distribution rit (availability and efficient dispatch) with a sales team that is 100% TBB focused
- This implies that an efficient, effective and up-to-date section is in place to:
- Provide operational leadership for the production and sales organization, and the
- PEM’s route to market strategy.
- Build robust and relevant sales control and forecasting strategy
- Lead and ensure a strong control and compliance framework for the Director of
- Sales and distribution sales contribution by SKU and territory
- Therefore, achieving this role is all about:
- Optimize and create possibilities for efficient distributors replenishment in the context of capacity constraint
- Provide insight to the management through business intelligence for relevant business decision making
- Ensure effective service to Distributors (Product availability, Trade benefits, credit availability...) leading to sustainable partnership.
- Ensure great business partnership in place in order to manage relationship with all distributors, Supply chain, Marketing and Finance in order to achieve Business goals
- Ensure dynamic process improvement in place to support logistics and capacity constraints
- Ensure Product availability through working with Production Managers, Sales and Marketing teams
- Closely Work with Distributors Mangers & OTC teams to properly manage & follow-up
- Returnable packages status (where applicable), produce weekly reports.
- Follow up the credit risk analysis with the Field Sales Managers in collaboration with the credit control team.
- Ensure Filed sales team gets the right information about the distributor’s pyt status, returnable packages status, follow closely RP & Credit status and produce a report on daily & weekly & monthly bases.
- Work closely with OTC teams to easy & improve the process
- Monitor compliance to policies and procedures, claims and correct any observed non –Compliance.
- Act like an interface b/n various Functions to improve the selling process.
- Provide back office support for core sales processes e.g. transfer orders / transactional
- Selling, outlet contracts (templates and governance).
Work with the customer Service & DM’s to optimize the logistical functions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Working experience in sales operations or related analytical area
- Good analytical skills
- OCS and Sales Drivers principles
- Personal management skill
- Business systems implementation skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and knowledge of at least one large
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience of working with an ERP system (SAP FI/CO modules & BW)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement skills
BARRIERS TO SUCCESS IN ROLE
- Poor attention to details
- Poor organizational skills
- Lack of analytical skills
- Inability to influence stakeholders
- Lack of commercial and financial depth