Regional Technical Advisor at Metabiota Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Garoua - 110 vues
Regional Technical Advisor
Metabiota Cameroon seeks to hire a Regional Technical Advisor for an HIV military-based funded project from DHAPP-PEPFAR. The position will be based in Garoua, Cameroon and cover the North, Adamaoua & Far North regions.
About Metabiota Cameroon:
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc., based out of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention and research in Central Africa for 20 years. MCL's principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemic and pandemic threats in Central Africa; and the provision of trainings in public health research and practice.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position. The Regional Technical Advisor will work under direct supervision of the Senior HIV Advisor. He/ she will provide technical, programmatic and administrative regional oversight of the North, Adamaoua & Far North regions for military health facilities and field activities in the barracks and surrounding neighborhoods. Efforts will focus on HIV testing as well as appropriate and effective linkages and retention in treatment within the military HIV Care and Treatment project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Senior HIV Advisor to ensure a smooth implementation of the clinical and community components of the project at the sites level.
- Ensure daily field technical supervision of all activities (clinic and community).
- Ensure timely communication between team members (clinic and field) for successful tracing of treatment defaulters, provide support to community mobilization and testing, as well as linkage to care through applied retention strategies.
- Organize and ensure successful implementation of community mobilization, community-based testing services, linkage to care, retention to treatment, and successful tracing of clients lost-to-follow up.
- Ensure that clinic & community interventions align with the milestones, objectives, strategies, and activities defined by the PEPFAR program.
- Ensure advanced testing procedures in the clinic and the community, especially the testing around index cases.
- Ensure mobilization of community members to create buy-in for testing procedures and linkage to treatment.
- Elaborate clinic & community monthly action plans and ensure execution.
- Ensure collaboration with other implementing partners and community stakeholders for synergistic project interventions.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reports on achieved activities are channeled to the Project Manager and the Senior HIV Advisor as appropriate.
- Cover other regions for transversal field activities as requested.
Qualifications and Professional requirements:
- At least 3 years' experience in HIV Care & Treatment related interventions
- Familiar with the environment of HIV program in Cameroon (an exposure to PEPFAR related activities will be an advantage)
- Experience in coordination, leading and effectively implementing HIV Care & Treatment interventions at both clinic and community levels
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Some experience supervising clinical field teams with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff and build effective teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships with service providers
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with clinical ethical requirements
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Some exposure in clinical and community related interventions for projects funded by USAID, PEPFAR, or Global Funds for the fight against HIV/ Malaria/ TB will be an advantage
- Supervisory capacity and management skills
- Data management and analysis skills
- Medical Doctor with preferably a Master's degree in Public Health
- Computer skills, including the ability to process and analyze data using one of the following: MS Excel, Access, SPSS and/or SAS, or Epi-info
Supervisory responsibilities: Candidate will supervise clinic and community field teams
Travel: In country travel will be required
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, within approved program budgets
Effective start date: October 1, 2019.
Selected candidates may, subject to their availability, perform a paid two-month field assignment from August – September 2019
Duration of Contracts: One-year renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding
Closing date: July 11, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]