The Administrative and Finance Assistance at the level of the projects implemented by Care International in Cameroon has as duty in collaboration with the project team in his/her zone of intervention, to ensure regional preparation and review of administrative and financial reports to be transmitted to the central level. He/she shall be responsible for:
- analysing the financial reports from project sites and synthesizing field financial data in his/her area;
- supporting project managers and implementing partners in the application of good project reporting procedures.
Principal Tasks :
1. Respect and ensure that policies and procedures relating to payment and accounting established in Care Cameroon are respected
- Control all receipts and relevant justification elements before payment of service providers and/or payment and liquidation of advance payments;
- Manage the small cash box, close daily records and submit to the accountant for validation and into the software all related expenditures;
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of the project bank account;
- Enter accounting write ups of diverse operations into the accounting software;
- Follow up provisions on project activities prepared by project managers and assist them in following up provisions in the treasury;
- Assist in the preparation and review of regional administrative and financial reports of projects and implementing partners before transmission to the central level according to donor procedure;
- Follow up administrative and financial aspects of partners, suppliers and service providers;
- Prepare and transmit regularly all documents of the sub-office on the 5th and 20th of each month and respect delays for monthly closing of accounts.
2. Support staff of the administration to respect CARE procedures
- Control and follow up time sheets and PAR;
- Ensure archiving of the financial and accounting elements;
- Ensure reception and archive of incoming and outgoing mails;
- Carry out all other administrative duties as need be.
3. Coaching of partners and monitoring respect of Care procedures
- Train partners on Care and donors’ procedures and elements to provide in financial reports;
- Ensure follow up and regular coaching of partners to make sure procedures are understood and respected;
- Control and follow up financial reports coming from partners;
- Ensure timely follow up of payments of partners.
4. Monitor and repair of vehicles
- Ensure the respect of technical instructions relating to care repairs prevention, given to drivers of different models of vehicles;
- Ensure regularly verification of the level of lubricants and other fluids and foresee refilling when necessary (engine oil, brake fluid, steering fluid and level of fuel in the reservoirs;
- Ensure that each driver verifies the state of the car in order to ensure prevention of repairs (revisions, changing engine oil etc..) and inform his/her supervisor regularly;
- Ensure that each driver verifies the wellbeing of lights and lamps, horns, windscreen wipers;
- Ensure that each driver verifies the wellbeing of the general appearance of the car and on daily bases ensure their cleanliness both inside and outside;
- Ensure that each driver verifies the state of air in the tires;
- Verify the presence of security equipment in all vehicles (extinguisher, jack, spanners, first aid box, umbrellas, lamp, touch etc.).
5. Planning management of the moto Park
- Under the supervision of the project manager, prepare daily schedules for movement of drivers and vehicles
- Ensure that movement of vehicles are put together to optimize the use of their resources;
- Regularly verify effective handling log books of vehicles and generators (ensure that drivers and those requesting outings should sign in the log books;
- Manage fuelling of vehicles and generators and ensure filling of vehicles and generators at the start of every week and the last working days of the month;
- Prepare reports on fuel and cost consumption of vehicles.
6. Monitor inventories and stock management
- Carry out quarterly inventories (stock management, inventory management) to ensure trackability of the management and use of the resources of the project.
- Bachelor’s in accounting or Finance;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in international NGO or development project
- good working Knowledge of d pack Office (Word / Excel);
- experience in the use of ACCESS and SAGA;
- Ability to communicate well in English (Oral and Written);
- Integrity; Rigorous and methodical;
- Written and spoken English with spoken Pigging is a must;
- Resident of South West region is desirable.
Deadline : 27/06/2019