MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR EDUCATOR Professionnel4 weeks ago - Emplois & Formations - Bamenda - 26 vues
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR EDUCATOR
Working location: Bamenda
Type of contract: Fix-term contract
Salary: According to the organisation’s Salary Grid
Perform counselling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health Doctors Without Borders protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- · Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- · Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- · Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- · Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- · Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- · Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- · Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for the organisation’s staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- · Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
- Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a similar position ideally in the field of humanitarian aid
- English and English Pidgin
- Competences: Results and Quality Orientation; Teamwork and Cooperation; Behavioural Flexibility; Commitment to Principles; Service Orientation.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: [email protected] mentioning on the subject: COUNSELOR EDUCATOR NW190817 or at DWB Bamenda Office (Opposite Sacred Heart College, Mankon, Bamenda) in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment COUNSELOR EDUCATOR BAMENDA for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 at 4PM
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in DWB offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.