M&E-Linkage and Retention Supervisor
Metabiota Cameroon seeks to hire a M&E-Linkage and Retention Supervisor for an HIV military-based funded project from DHAPP-PEPFAR. The position will be based in Garoua and will cover the North, Adamaoua and Farnorth regions.
About Metabiota Cameroon:
Metabiota Cameroon (MCL) is a subsidiary of Metabiota Inc., based out of San Francisco, California, U.S.A. Metabiota is the pioneer in comprehensive risk analytics that improve the world's resilience to epidemics. Metabiota has conducted pandemic prevention and research in Central Africa for 20 years. MCL's principle objectives include: research into the interactions between ecology and human health; infectious disease surveillance; the promotion of public health; the reduction of epidemic and pandemic threats in Central Africa; and the provision of trainings in public health research and practice.
About the Position:
This is a full-time position. The M&E-Linkage and Retention Supervisor will work under direct supervision of the Regional Technical Advisor and provide technical and programmatic support in monitoring and evaluation, Linkage & Retention of clients in military health facilities and neighborhoods of the North, Adamaoua and Far North regions to ensure targeted and index case testing, linkage, and retention in treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and ensure successful implementation of facility-based testing services, including advanced testing point services, index case testing, linkage to care, retention to treatment, viral load (VL) sample collection, and successful tracing of missing patients before they become lost-to-follow up.
- Ensure that linkage to care and treatment retention procedures align with the milestones, objectives, strategies, and activities defined by the PEPFAR program.
- Ensure that advanced HIV testing procedures are carried out and developed towards contact persons of index cases.
- Support and orient elicitation activities with index cases and their contact to create buy-in for testing procedures and linkage to treatment.
- Elaborate linkage and retention monthly action plans and ensure execution.
- Take part in all technical decision-making processes that involve linkage and retention project implementation.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely communication at facility level, for successful tracing of missing patients, support to family, partner notification and testing, as well as linkage and retention to care through defined strategies.
- Participate actively in program planning process and quality management.
- Conduct routine data collection, processing, and reporting into the appropriate databases.
- Ensure availability and correct use of data management tools, such as registers and reports at the clinical level.
- Ensure the validity of the data reported from facilities.
- Apply appropriate data collection mechanisms to capture recommended indicators.
- Conduct programmatic M&E onsite capacity building and supportive supervisions.
- Conduct weekly and monthly active data collection and verification; submit that information using the
- appropriate tools.
- Follow up and document the implementation of recommendations and orientations adopted/ given during coordination meetings, training sessions, and supervisions or given by sponsors.
- Ensure collaboration with other implementing partners and community stakeholders for synergistic project interventions.
- Submit frequent reports on field activities conducted.
- Collaborate with other project team members at the site level to ensure successful contribution to the global implementation of the project activities.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by direct supervisors: Regional Technical Advisor, Senior HIV Advisor;E/SI, and Project Manager.
Qualifications and Professional requirements:
- 3+ years' experience in HIV Care & Treatment related interventions
- Good data management and analysis skills
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to program implementation
- Ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Experience in M&E and supervising community field teams with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff and build effective teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local communities
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related interventions and with clinical ethical requirements
- Outstanding organizational and management skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems
- Good data management and analysis skills
- Good computer skills, including the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, Access, SPSS and/or SAS, or Epi-info
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Degree in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory, etc.)
- Master's degree in public health will be an added advantage
Supervisory responsibilities: to supervise testing, linkage and retention teams. Travel: In-country travel will be required.
Salary and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience, within approved program budgets.
Effective start date: October 1, 2019.
Selected candidates may, subject to their availability, perform a paid two-month field assignment from August – September 2019.
Duration of Contracts: One-year renewable, subject to performance and availability of funding.
Closing date: July 11, 2019
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]