Logistics Associate at UNICEF Cameroon Professionnel2 weeks ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 1 vue
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Collect, check and monitor the status of incoming offshore supplies in transit trough Douala and provide support in the reception, dispatching, customs clearance of freight transiting through the Port of Douala to ensures timely delivery of material and equipment to UNICEF country offices in Central Africa Sub region. Coordinate with UNICEF's Global freight forwarder and Country Offices the weekly report of tracking of cargo in transit through Douala.
- Liaise and follows up with country offices in sub region to ensure that all documentation necessary for clearing the incoming offshore supplies is provided to the UNICEF's forwarder in Douala. Maintains link with UNICEF Supply Division on transnational shipments, deliveries, claims and appropriateness of supplies.
- Liaise with clearing agencies in Douala and monitor the status of incoming offshore supplies destined for the hub Douala and Cameroon country office and provide support in the reception, customs clearance to ensure timely delivery of Programme and administrative goods at warehouse or projects sites.
- Monitor the Douala warehouse management activities and ensures that incoming cargo is inspected and stored according instructions of the warehouse SOP and ensures that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and all relevant records are properly maintained in VISION.
- Carry out, once a month, a physical count of managed inventories of both Douala Hub and Cameroon CO. Ensure the monitoring of the dispatch of Cameroon CO distribution plans in close coordination with the forwarders and the Cameroon CO and advice accordingly.
- Monitor the deployment of the WCARO's hub cargo and the locally procured cargo to country offices in the sub-region and liaise with assigned forwarder to ensure timely delivery to final destination and provide voyage tracking report to landing country offices.
- Prepare and submit a weekly report for continuous monitoring of the operations of the supply chain of the regional Douala hub and for supplies stored in Douala and belongs to Cameroon Country office including incoming shipments, inventory and distributions.
- Processes logistics requests from country offices of sub region and ensures follow-up action completed included emergency delivery of supplies.
- Executes additional administration tasks to support the overall functioning of the Regional Hubs for WCARO.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in Logistics &Transport equivalent to BTS or DUT.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies.
b) WORK EXPERIENCE
- Six years of progressively responsible supply and logistics work experience in supporting supply and logistics management at the national level with focus on inventory management, transport and custom's formalities, of which at least one year with UN or international NGO.
- Experience with computer databases, for the maintenance of procurement records and experience with SAP or related software will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in French and Good knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of local working language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 24 Jul 2019 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Jul 2019 11:55 PM W. Central Africa Standard Time