ICT Supervisor at Doctors Without Borders Particulier5 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Bamenda - 168 vues
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions. Related with our activities we are looking for an ICT SUPERVISOR
Working location: Buea (with frequent movements in North West (Bamenda) and South West Regions (Kumba)
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisatio's Salary Grid
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment, including radio telecommunication, satellite, cellular and all internet related technologies.
Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
- With the Logistics Coordinator, analyzes the ICT needs of the mission, draws up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system's effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission
- Comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance
- Supervising, planning and providing network security, help desk support and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Ensuring questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Providing monthly activity report and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are conveniently filled by the drivers.
- Essential; advanced diploma in IT. Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- Essential; At least 2 in IT related jobs.Desirable experience in MSF. Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C&A, Veritas, etc
- Essential; English good command of ICT English; Desirable; Pidgin
- Knowledge essential; radio-telecomunication system (HF and VHF) Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux); MS Office 2003/2007/2010; Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth); Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN; Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP; Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric; Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus; Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.; Antivirus: Kaspersky ?Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
- Results and Quality Orientation,
- Teamwork and Cooperation,
- Behavioural Flexibility,
- Commitment to MSF Participles,
- Stress Management
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: [email protected] mentioning on the subject: ICT Supervisor ref: SW190319 or else be submitted at the Bamenda Office (Faith Building, Che Street, Ntarinkon, Bamenda) or Buea Office (Westminster Suites, Sandpit, Buea) in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment ICT Supervisor for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Saturday 24 March 2019
NB: Written tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.