Hydro EHS Manager at GE Renewable Energy Cameroon Professionnel1 month ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 68 vues
Hydro EHS Manager
Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. Includes EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects.
- Ensure all Hydro EMEA operations assigned to them are carried out in compliance with applicable regulatory and GE requirements
- Develop strong working relationship with operational and project managers in the region to help drive the expected EHS culture across all operations
- Conduct audits in line with the business audit plan, with rigor and consistency, to identify deficiencies and drive improvements in the management of EHS
- Understand EHS contractual requirements for all sites assigned to them
- Support the business in driving continuous improvement in EHS programs, and the way they are implemented across sites
- Identify, support the hiring of, then manage and develop Site based EHS managers for sites assigned to them
- Support the region in maintaining ISO 14001 & OSHAS 18001 accreditation across Hydro EMEA
- Drive increased use of Digital Programs and tools across Hydro EMEA, aligned with Hydro Global
- Conduct ITO reviews and assess EHS requirements and risks, as requested to support the business being successful in gaining orders
- Lead and support event investigations as required
- Deliver EHS training to Hydro EMEA population as required
- Ensure all internal and external EHS reporting is completed on time and with accuracy
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Health, Safety & Risk Management or equivalent knowledge or experience
- 7+ years EHS experience, at least 5 of which must be in a Projects and Services environment
- Knowledge of Hydro and Energy business sectors
- Knowledge of GE EHS Programs
- Knowledge of Africa EHS legislations
- Able to travel as required by the role
- Global/Regional mindset
- Fluent in French and English
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong EHS program management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues with competing priorities both long and short term
- High energy, self-starter
- Practical experience in risk elimination, ergonomics, and project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water - to power the world's biggest economies and the most remote communities. With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it . Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy. We are unleashing limitless energy.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.