Human Resources Assistant Professionnel1 month ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 33 vues
Human Resources Assistant, (GS5), Yaounde Cameroon (Temporary Appointment), #11109802
Job Number: 526089 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Cameroon
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, [insert tagline]
Under the supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist, the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the unit and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
How can you make a difference?
Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- Processes entitlements and benefits for local staff in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms are completed by staff and data is entered into VISION
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and
Support in recruitment and placement
- Drafts vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
- Contributes to ensure timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Contributes to analyze, research, verify, and compile data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. Gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
- Helps to monitor life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Support in learning and development
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
Support in organization design and job classification
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with HQ and RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Compiles and analyses information and statistics related to posts and staff for reports on staffing trends.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to HR management equivalent to BTS or Licence professionnelle or equivalent.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required
Fluency in French and English
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.