Finance & Operations Manager at FHI 360 Cameroon Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 39 vues
Finance & Operations Manage
Contract Duration: 10 weeks (July to September 2019)
Availability: Needed Immediately
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
- 100% accomplishment of specified tasks
- Daily progress report in specified format
- Bi-weekly formal activity report
- End of consultancy report
The Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including overall accounting, sub-grants, small-grants. He/She will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and funder’s procedures, rules and regulations.
The position will be based in Yaounde, Cameroon and will report to the Senior Technical Advisor/Project Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, subaward management, accounting, and logistics.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, and operations aspects of project.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, award requirements, and Government of Cameroon laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets. • Manage project procurement processes.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Prepare and submit financial and accrual reports to funder.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by funder.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with due authorization to work in Cameroon only
- Master’s degree in financial accounting, MBA, or similar related Master’s degree from an accredited university/college
- About 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting and financial field
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex small grants program
- Five years’ experience in financial management of USG assistance programs of similar size, complexity and setting.
- Expertise in USG cost principles, rules and regulations and applying these in program decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and working with program technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures.
- Demonstrated experience in managing subgrants including risk assessment and working with host government entities as grantees.
- Exceptional skills in automated accounting systems and use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent record of accurate and on-time reporting to donor agencies.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Experience working as a member of high-performance team.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in French and English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
Please respond to this announcement by sending your CV and motivation letter to: [email protected]