Field Support Manager, Africa at Aggreko Professionnel3 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Douala - 69 vues
Field Supprt Manager, Africa
Purpose of the Job:
Lead and manage Africa engineering specialists engineers to provide high level technical support to projects during the life cycle from project delivery , operations and return phases . provide critical skills support to drive maintenance requirements .
Job Accountabilities / Key Responsibilities:
- Manage , train and develop the engineering specialistt to deliver high class engineering expertise to operational projects .
- Identify , coach and own the development plan of future engineering specialists .
- Lead the field service suport as required.
- Provide high level technical support to operational project and any other enquiry requiring high level technical expertise .
- Represent as required Aggreko for any critical technical support required by other support functions, Legal , comercial HSE etc.
- Provide high level technical leadership to critical technical communication and reporting to customer.
- Build striong technical and advisory partnership with sales , operations and external customer.
- Liaise with the engineering team to prepare site specific, as built, technical documentation.
- Setting of field electrical equipment to designed specifications.
- Carry out improvements and promote a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Works closely with Regional Engineering managers to develop and implementation of Best Engineering Practices.
- Manage proactively the regional specialist resource to meet the project operational requirements.
- Support the implementation of Energy Safety Rules wherever required.
Person Specification / Job Requirements:
- Bsc /Msc in Electrical Engineer Or Has minimum HNC/HND (BTS/DUT) or engineering qualification or equivalent and has completed a full modern apprenticeship.
- Chartered or professional Engineering status would be a plus.
- Knowledge of HV electrical systems.
- Has a solid background in electromechanical process and control systems.
- Has a solid background in HV protection system
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Able to work unsupervised on a standalone basis.
- Good interpersonal and personnel development skills.
- Objective driven.
- High standard of computer literacy.
- Multi skilled technical ability an advantage.
- Team player.
- Able to manage multiple project workstreams
- Strong coaching and development skills
- Fluency in English is required.
- Cross cultural work experience is advantageous
- Team player and personally enthusiastic
- Action-focussed – reliable, committed to completing tasks.
- Resilience – persistent, positive and self reliant.
- Accountability – drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility. Able to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organisations objectives.
- Customer Insight – the ability to understand the markets that customers operate in, to use this to identify underlying needs and then to apply this in a way that gives Aggreko a competitive advantage.
- Working together with others – relates to people, engages and builds relationships
- Ability to view situations and conduct themselves in an objective and impartial manner
- Positive Change orientation and motivator
- Must be culturally sensitive
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Building capability - developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organisation.
- Compelling Communication – recognising that clear communication is the key to understanding.
- Be always orange.
Key Role Interactions:
- Direct Reports to Head of engineering Africa
- Head of operations, Head of HSE, Area Operations Manager, operations Supervisors.
- Engineering team.
- Operations team.
- Project delivery team.
- QHSE managers & Coordinators.