DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST Professionnel2 months ago - Emplois & Formations - Yaoundé - 37 vues
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to DWB policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
· Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anesthesia.
o Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
o Administering and maintaining anesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
o Monitoring patients throughout the intervention
· Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
· Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
· Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and DWB protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
· Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained.
· Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc)
· Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and participate and carry-out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
· Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall DWB project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
· Ensure proper fulfillment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
· Plan, evaluate, carry out and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
· Doctor Anesthetist diploma recognized by the state essential
· Desirable, two year experience as an anesthetist
· Having worked in DWB or other NGO’s is desirable.
· Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
· English language essential and pidgin English.
· Competencies: Commitment to Doctors Without Borders Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork, Service Orientation
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: [email protected] mentioning on the subject: Ref: CM150719 Recruitment DOCTOR ANAESTHETIST
Deadline for the reception of applications: Wednesday 24th of July, 2019 at 4pm.
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.