Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management component of the Child Protection in Emergency Projects.
- Facilitate identification of UASC and vulnerable children(tools and methods)
- Ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs Facilitate all trainings on case management for social workers
- Facilitate training of Parents on and care givers on Self-Care and positive parenting in crisis.
- Conduct referral mapping (any other assessments)
- Lead the formation and initial training of foster parents
- Ensure all documentation, case files, reports, and records are maintained
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching of case workers on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Maintain documentation and CPIMS systems at the community/state office level: under the guidance of CPIMS Officer,
- Ensure all cases are case managed with confidentiality clause adhered to
- Coordinate case conference meetings
- Ensure that case workers are trained on UASC and registration of the children
- Ensure the quality of the inter-agency case management tools
- In coordination with the CPiE team, support regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children and assists team to develop appropriate responses.
- Must adhere to the child safeguarding and protection policies and reporting standards.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports to M&E Assistant.
- Ensure that targets for all Case Management related activities are met
- Perform other tasks as requested by CPiE Coordinator.
- Qualification in Psychology - essential
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in Child Protection and preferably Child Protection in Emergencies (essential)
- Experience of working on case management for Children (essential)
- Knowledge of project planning (essential)
- Knowledge & Experience of conducting assessments in Child Protection (essential)
- Strong knowledge and experience of case management systems and protocols (essential)
- Experience of facilitating trainings with adults (essential)
- Knowledge of Positive Parenting methodologies
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with highly sensitive & confidential information (essential)
- Experience of producing weekly update reports
- Experience of line-managing staff, motivating & capacity building
- Knowledge of working and capacity building social workers (essential)
- Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to focus both on internal issues as well as external demands.
- Proven people management & interpersonal skills (role model in motivating, developing and supporting others), including performance management and the ability to apply situational leadership and applying coaching methods.
- Ability to communication exceptionally well, with empathy and understanding, with children and parents
- Ability to work in stressful environments and be able to manage stress levels
- Committed to Plan International’s strategy and values.
- Experienced with working with senior management.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Able to work calmly under extreme pressure and at unpredictable (long) hours during emergency response.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaoundé – CAMEROON
Closing date: June 30th, 2019